Monday, July 11, 2011

Marco! Polo!



GREENWICHPOLO.COM
The exact origin of polo, the oldest team sport, is unknown. Polo was probably first played by nomadic warriors over two thousand years ago.
Used for training cavalry, the game was played from Constantinople to Japan in the Middle Ages. Tamerlane's polo grounds can still be seen in Samarkan

1937, Meadowbrook Polo Club, Old Westbury, NY
Photography by Howard W. Frank

It's that wonderful time of year when people dress up in their brightest colored dresses, bring out their over sized hats and bake in the heat while drinking Veuve Clique and watching the ponies run up and down a field. Polo season! This past weekend was Victory Cup at the Greenwich Polo fields and my dear friend and I hosted a little soiree. We asked all our attendees to bring a bottle of Vueve and enjoy the day with us. With the sky bright blue and the sun hot, it was a wonderful day. I have included some of our pictures and other styles of the polo world. Enjoy.

Prince Harry
England

Tyler Taylor
Our Table

Tyler Taylor
My friend in a great hat


Tyler Taylor
People walking by our table thought Veuve was our sponsor. LOL No, but we do love it!

Tyler Taylor

Tyler Taylor

Tyler Taylor
Everyone looks stylish

Tyler Taylor
This was my ride home...not really


Tyler Taylor
I love my friend, Will's style. It's perfect and classy.

Tyler Taylor
This was last year, but I needed to include a picture of Nacho and my co-host Liane.

Chloe Sevigny

Madalin Constanda-Photographer

Nicolette Sheridan 

unknown

Zoe Saldana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!