Monday, September 12, 2011

Flea Market Sunday

I always love driving north for flea market day. Sunday was so gorgeous that The Romanian and I took our time getting there, enjoying the cool breeze on the way up. However I get super antsy when I say the hundreds of vendors lined up in the fields and I think I am missing something amazing. I am a great picker, but since selling the store I don't have to buy for that, so I am a lot more careful with what I really need. "Nothing" as my hubby says. " Ummm yeah right, there is SOMETHING I need out there." So we combed the aisles and I have to say today was a GREAT day for shopping. Vendors were loaded with fun finds. Here are some I loved and some I had to have...and now DO!!! ENJOY




by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
So typewriters were the theme of today. Everyone seemed to have them, all were intrigued by them and none bought them. What does one do with  an old type writer?

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
SO gorgeous

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
I am kicking myself for NOT buying this. The colors were perfect.

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
I cannot put into words how much I love this and wanted this. It was about 4.5 feet tall and although at first I thought it was from a church, after a closer look it must have been part of an old store as a display. Asking for 450 which is pennies. Again I don't own a store so no where to put it. 

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST



by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
The yellow tops on these were fabulous

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
This was my first find- a vintage piece of costume jewelry-details below

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
Be shocked if you will, but I am no prude and when I see something I have never seen anywhere I get it. This is a 1969 copy of Playboy, but I LOVED it because it had Barbi Benton on the cover. She was Hugh's first love and girlfriend for many years. This magazine is significant because this was her first cover, the same year she began dating Hugh. This magazine entertained us all the way home...NO not that way. They had very funny stories in it. cost $2.

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST
OH LOVE LOVE LOVE. Since I have been doing nothing but watching Mad Men when we had our little 7 day blackout I am very much into drinking...haha. By that I mean drinking with glasses from the 50's. This decanter I found and wanted it ASAP for the new bar area in the living room. cost $10.

by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POSTMade by a company called Bergere, sounds french but it's not. It was actually a company called L. Erbert and Pohls from NYC who designed high-end costume jewelry from 1947-1979 for stores like Marshall Fields, Lord & Taylor and Saks. Their vision was that it had to look like it was from the runways of Milan or Paris. Mine is a fairly heavy piece with green, red and yellow stones. i love how it hangs and got this for 40 bucks!!!



by tyler taylor for HOUSE&POST