Saturday, September 24, 2011

WANT TO LIVE HERE??

I was reading an article in the Atlanta Journal last night, who knows where I find these things, but it had a wonderful story on this house that is up for sale. Owned by a couple who are avid art collectors this house was built 15 years ago to their exact specifications and those were more walls less light. For the average home builder this is opposite of what most people want, BUT for an art collector it's exactly what you need. I think with this house they were able to keep the feeling of light and airy, although it is dark there is also a ton of texture and depth. The use of light that they do have, both natural and made, it really lovely. When I look at collectors houses I like to see how they hang their art. Pay attention to what they are doing with smaller pieces and works on paper that might not make such a statement alone, but a big statement when hung salon style. This method can look messy, so there is a real art (no pun intended) to hanging like this. I will include some examples below just in case you're interested in giving it a go. ENJOY!! Happy Saturday.

Atlantic Journal













                                                                    SALON STYLING


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!